Monday, January 9, 2012

Bridesmaids Dresses...check!


Well, one of the biggest tasks that was stressing me out the most has been taken care of this weekend. Thanks to God & my little sister. Friday we searched Dallas high & low for what I had envisioned to absolute, no success. Apparently, our colors are not in style this year. It seems the colors for 2012 will be jewel tones & fluorescents.

Anyway, Saturday, Kim (my sis), Anthony, & I

went over to the chapel to sign the contract & show Kim the place. She fell in love with it immediately. It was also the first time we have had the opportunity to see it in the daylight and we were most definitely not disappointed. This place is gorgeous. Afterward, we drove to Frisco and Kim & I went into Alfred Angelo just to see what they had to offer. We found several dresses that were great. I decided each girl would wear a different style but the same color. Kim tried on several & we narrowed the choices down to 3 & Kim bought one. After dropping Kim off with her mother-in-law & saying goodbye (it was the last time I will see her until the week before the wedding), Anthony & I drove to his parents house to get his sisters to go get them measured & try on dresses. When they tried o

n the two other styles we had decided on they did not like either (& I must say, while they lo
oked adorable, there were better ones for them). It is always interesting to see how one dress can look completely different on one person vs another. However, after trying on a couple of more dresses, each of them found one that fit them perfectly. The looked beautiful.

While this was not my original idea, each of them have dresses that look great on them & we are all happy with. Whew! What a relief.

Today, Anthony & I started working on some of the decorations we are going to have at the reception. We are making bunting. I'll post a separate post about that later once I get the pics uploaded.

Now, this week is to decide on a photographer & florist.

No comments:

Post a Comment