Thursday, March 1, 2012

Wedding Day Prayer Requests

So today is March 1st. Kinda made me panic a little when I saw that "1" on my phone this morning. Kind of like the last count down.


Now don't get me wrong. I have absolutely no reservations about marrying Anthony. I could not be more excited about starting our life together. If I could share with you all how amazing that man is, I would be writing forever. He loves the Lord so much & I can't express in words how amazing, how extraordinary that is. I am so blessed. I have to be the most blessed woman on earth today. I'm not irrational. I know not everyday with each other will be like skipping through a field of allergen free wildflowers while non-creepy butterflies dance around us. I know some days we may feel more cursed than blessed but hopefully on those days we will take off our pride glasses & really see what an amazing blessing God has sought to bestow on us, despite being so undeserving.


So, it isn't cold feet about the marriage. It is nerves about the wedding itself. Have I forgotten something really important? Any little problem or mistake is going to make me look like a complete idiot & like I can't even plan/coordinate a simple party. Am I forgetting to pay someone? Am I going to rip my dress or totally mess up my hair getting dressed? What if one of us or someone essential is really sick the day of? What if the venders I have trusted don't deliver what they promised? What if more people show up than we have planned for? What if there aren't enough seats? What if someone doesn't have a good time? What if I'm so stressed out & rushed I don't have a good time? WHERE THE HECK ARE THE RSVPs?!?! (By the way, if you have been invited & have not sent your RSVP yet, you'll probably be getting a phone call this weekend.)


As you can tell, I'm a little stressed. I really don't think this has been as bad of an experience as I have heard others talk about but it isn't getting less stressful as we complete tasks like I thought it would.


So...with all that, I have a few things I would like to ask you guys to pray about for us.



  1. For our emotional state. Pray that God will send a peace on us about this whole thing.
  2. For our physical health. This is allergy season & it isn't great for either of us, especially Anthony. I woke up with some swollen lymph nodes today that hurt pretty bad. So pray that we & all those involved stay well.
  3. For the weather. The weather was amazing today. Pray for this, for today. According to the Farmer's Almanac (& before you say anything, no, I do not take the FA as the gospel of weather), March 23-31 will have "T-storms, then sunny, very warm." I'm fine with sunny, I'm fine with warm. The idea of thunderstorms concern me. Even if it was just light rain, I wouldn't worry too much, but thunderstorms...please, no thank you. If they could hold off on the 23rd (while we decorate outside) & until about 3pm on the 24, that would be so amazing. 
  4. For the invites. Please pray that we can get a pretty solid count this weekend. I have to have a pretty good estimate in order to know how many additional tables, chairs, & linens to order. I really need to have them by next week. Been having nightmares about this.
  5. For everything else. Please just pray for everything anything that I have not listed but, from your own experience, may think of & for all my anxieties I listed above.

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. -- James 5:16

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. -- Philippians 4:4b-7








No comments:

Post a Comment